Every sports manager or administrator is required to possess some technical and tactical know how in othr to lead his team, club or organisation to the desired level of excellence which sports fans demand.
According to Robert S. Balan of Studyportals Masters, “A Sports Management degree teaches students skills and concepts related to Management, Finance, Marketing, and Law related to the sports industry. Sports Management classes will help you learn how to overview the business side of a sports organisation with the use of the latest trends and technologies”.
Seoul National University offers a once in a life time opportunity for admission to Study Sports Management with the Dream Together Masters Program sponsored by the Korean Sports Promotion Foundation.
Dream Together Master is a two-year program in which students stay in Korea for 17 months. It is a 36-credit program that embraces a wide range of topics – 10 themes (three modules per theme), one team project and one individual project for thesis.
- Former and current sport administrators or athletes. *Applicant and both parents of the applicant must be of non-Korean nationality
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (in any field)
- Sufficient command of both spoken and written English to take classes conducted entirely in English
- Potential and passion for sport management
- Physically and mentally able to successfully complete the program
- Sport administrators from countries recognized in the List of Official Development Assistance (ODA) Recipients provided by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) who works for the government, National Olympic Committees, National Federations or any other sport organizations under the government
- Athletes from countries recognized in the List of ODA recipients provided by the DAC who have participated in major international sporting events (Olympics, Asian Games, World Championships) with recommendation from government sport organizations or National Olympic Committees
- Sport administrators from countries recognized in the List of ODA recipients provided by the DAC with recommendation from government sport organizations or National Olympic Committees
Fall 2021 Admissions Application Procedure
Please check our homepage regularly for any updates regarding the application procedure
|Electronic Submission of Documents||March 12, 2021 (by Korean Standard Time 6:00pm)||Please submit all completed forms and required documents electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.orgE-mail subject should read : [Nationality] – [Last name, First name]Electronically submitted documents will be reviewed and feedback regarding any missing or incomplete information and/or documents will be provided within 48 hours via e-mailEarly submission of documents will allow for faster review|
|Submission of Documents||March 19, 2021 (by Korean Standard Time 6:00pm)||After receiving a final e-mail confirmation, please submit the original hard-copies(or notarized/certified copies) of the documents by post to the following address: Division of Global Sport Management Talent Development Building 153, Room 316 Seoul National University 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu Seoul, KOREA, 08826The original hard-copy (or notarized/certified copies) documents must be received by the office by the deadline (March 19, 2021)|
|Announcement of Interview Schedule||April, 2021 (TBD)||Hard copy documents review results will be announced via e-mailThose who are short-listed for interviews will be notified of interview schedules on the same day|
|Interview||April, 2021 (TBD)||Video conference (Skype), phone, or face-to-face interviews will be conducted|
|Announcement of Admissions Decision||May, 2021||The decisions will be announced via e-mail|
|Date of Arrival in Korea||August, 2021||A detailed schedule will be notified individually to those who are admitted|
|Start of Semester||September 6, 2021|
The following are the application and required documents to be submitted.Please download the 2021 Admission Guideline and other necessary application forms (Forms 0 through 3) from this page.
Please read the 2021 Admission Guide (with detailed instructions on how to apply) carefully before you apply.
- Application Form (Form 1)
- Personal Statement and Study Plan (Form 2)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Form 3) from your professors and/or employers
- Official Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Studies) Transcript (in English)
- Official Bachelor’s Certificate of Graduation (in English)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport (or other official document indicating applicant’s nationality)
- Copies of both parents’ passport (or other official documents indicating parents’ nationality)
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and his/her parents (Applicant’s Birth Certificate or Household Register proving the parent-child relationship)
- Proof of English Proficiency : A score report of a recognized English proficiency test (TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.0, TEPS 551 (new TEPS 298) or higher), or any other official documents indicating proof of English proficiency (E.g. School profile/medium of instruction letter; if fully taught in English) (*) TOEFL ITP not acceptable.
- Curriculum Vitae (must clearly state current and/or previous position and affiliation)
- Certificate of Employment (Certificates from current and/or all previous jobs must be submitted)
- Supplementary Material (Awards, Scholarships, Proof of Language Proficiency except English, etc.) – Optional
- Explanatory Statement (if an applicant needs to provide additional documentary evidence for his/her eligibility for Admissions) – if applicable
- Checklist (Form 0)
- The Registration number at the top right corner of the Admission Form 1-3 should be left blank as it is to be filled out by the admissions office.
- All documents must be in ENGLISH. If it is in any other language, you must submit a notarized/certified translation completed by a public notary in your country in which the document was originally produced. The admission office does not accept documents that are not in English.
- (Colored) copies of the documents are also not accepted. Documents must be original or validated/attested copy.
- Please refer to the FAQ for detailed instructions on how to fill out the forms.